Having a local guide with you is safer and often adds extra value to the experience. Throughout the year, organized hiking tours are offered in various parts of the country. Saga was an amazing host and I had the pleasure of spending a week in Iceland’s beautiful scenery.
- Here we will find hidden lakes, massive waterfalls, overland passages, small fishing villages, towering mountains, cliffs full of birds, and of course, countless fjords connecting to the Denmark Strait.
- The Landmannalaugar Nature Reserve, one of the most beautiful areas of the Highlands, is home to an incredible array of landscapes that are perfect for hiking.
- Trek across a portion of a glacier and walk behind a tumbling waterfall.
- We offer hiking tours, glacier tours and northern lights tours.
From striking glacial formations to richly green valleys, Thorsmork offers some of the best views in all of Iceland. This day trip offers the opportunity to hike in some the most popular and beautiful nature reserves in the region. This compact, well-timed tour is perfect for those with a short time in Iceland. Some of the most beautiful hiking areas in Iceland are found in Isafjordur.
Dedicate three days of your golden years to Iceland, and come out a stronger and more confident woman. The Landmannalaugar Nature Reserve is one of the most beautiful areas in the Highlands and plays host to a myriad of incredible landscapes that are ideal for hiking.
It boasts colorful Rhyolite mountains and impressive Laugahraun Lava Fields. Landmannalaugar can be reached by 4×4 vehicles only, and is located approximately 118 miles from Reykjavik. We run a multitude of different hikes and trekking tours in Landmannalaugar, allowing outdoor enthusiasts to explore the best hiking trails in Iceland.
Head through the mighty Vondugil Canyon and climb the slopes of the Brennisteinsalda Volcano, where powerful geysers shoot hot steam into the air. Descend through the Graenagil Canyon to Mount Blahnukur, then take a dip in the soothing hot springs. Winding through three major glaciers, Laugavegur’s Thorsmork trails take you through dramatic landscapes and some of Iceland’s most scenic and versatile treks.
You’ll pass more than 20 waterfalls before reaching a vast, moonscape-like expanse. The trek will take you between active volcanoes, glaciers, and allow you to see some of the latest geological activity up close. Hike Iceland’s most popular trail, Laugavegur Trail.
After some hikes among the waterfalls and up to the glacier, we leave the area by ferry, crossing the massive Breidafjordur. You can’t help but be amazed at the Westfjords once you reach them. this region with a population of just 7,000 continues to thrive and take care of their amazing resources. Here we will find hidden lakes, massive waterfalls, overland passages, small fishing villages, towering mountains, cliffs full of birds, and of course, countless fjords connecting to the Denmark Strait.
Although the journey to the Ice Cave can be difficult, the rewards are equally amazing! On this tour, you will go further than other glacier hiking tours go. You will be able to traverse the Falljokull outlet glacier, and you will also visit an exclusive natural ice cave that is only accessible to those who have a glacier guide. We can guarantee an unforgettable and personal experience on the glacier with a maximum of 8 participants.
- With its stunning landscapes, fresh air, and wide open spaces, Iceland is a hiking utopia.
- You can also take a drive or hike tour to explore more of this amazing country. There is plenty of time to walk and get out on foot.
- After a short hike to the edge of the glacier, you start your way
- Exploring the Golden Circle trio of Gulfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and Thingvellir National Park on our most popular drive & hike Iceland’s Scenic South Coast.
Hiking to the Fagradalsfjall volcano is undoubtedly the most popular hike these days, but you will find various other options. Trails in Iceland’s national parks, nature reserves, and geoparks are an excellent option. They are often well-marked and maintained, and can take you to the most beautiful spots. When in Iceland, you can visit the local information centers for recommended trails.
The tour begins at Skaftafell Base Camp where you will board the Glacier Bus, taking you to the glacier terminal face. All necessary glacier gear will be provided to you at no cost. After a short hike to the edge of the glacier, you start your way The magnificent glacier tongue is full of deep crevasses and amazing ice formations. When you reach the cave, you will have enough time to get all the photos you want, before you head back over the glacier to the bus.