A collection of independent traveller reviews about… Discover the beauty of the Scottish Highlands, lochs and hiking trails on a fantastic active holiday in Scotland. Corsica is a paradise for hikers, with its high peaks and coastal paths as well as French culture. Watch the walking tour on France’s tiny island.
- From seriously tough multi-day alpine treks to easier, family-orientated hiking and camping, we provide a true wilderness experience.
- These include the length and duration of the trek per day, trail conditions beneathfoot, average altitude change and weather conditions. There are also levels of porterage, support, and local services.
- Discover the beauty of the Scottish Highlands, lochs and hiking trails on a fantastic active holiday in Scotland.
- With Te Anau as base each evening, the package offers three days of fully guided Great Walk experiences on the best parts of the Milford, Routeburn and Kepler Tracks.
- We guide only small groups on our New Zealand trekking adventures.
- Explore mountain vistas, aspen groves, timberline lakes, evergreen forests, wildflower-blanketed meadows, and waterfalls.
Aotearoa, the Land of the Long White Cloud, offers so many things to do, experience. If you know where you want to spend your holiday, Take place, check out the active adventure we offer there. Check out our partners at The Pad, Silverthorne’s first boutique hotel/hostel, centrally-located along the Blue River, in the heart of Colorado ski country. For more information, contact CAG or click the button below. Experience a walk in the woods on one of Summit County’s iconic trails.
My personalized service ensures that your next guided hike is beautiful, enjoyable, and hassle-free. A guided small group hiking holiday is ideal for travellers who prefer the camaraderie of like-minded, active individuals, and appreciate the local knowledge imparted by expert guides. Your hiking guide is with you from the time your tour commences until it concludes.
On a guided hiking tour you’ll share memories and laughs with travellers from around the world who also appreciate the benefits of exploring Canada by foot. New Zealand is a stunningly beautiful country with towering, glaciated peaks; breathtaking coastal areas; and jaw-dropping mountain lakes, forests, rivers and waterfalls.
Explore our complete list of guided hiking tours in the USA and Canada. If there are no current dates set for a hiking itinerary, let us know when you want to go! As interest dictates, tours will be added to this calendar. UTracks offers short tours for long weekends that are ideal for newcomers to walking and cycling holidays and time-poor travellers.
Milford Quest is an active hike at a relaxed pace. It’s designed for people who enjoy the off-the-beaten-track, Kiwi style trips, but who also like their creature comforts and want to take things a… Active Earth Adventures offers adventures beyond New Zealand, including cycling, skiing, and rafting…
Climate, high altitudes and remoteness all play a role. Previous trekking experience is desirable, but not vital if you are confident of your physical condition. Walking days usually last between 6-8 hours, but may take longer for passes or peaks. Daily ascents will likely be around 900m to 1000m, perhaps with the odd day ascending around 1100m to 1200m. Our brochure is an extension of our hiking tours – a carefully curated collection of what makes New Zealand unique. A private guided tour of New Zealand is the best option if you like the look of our tours but don’t want to travel with family or friends.
Let us take you on a true NZ wilderness trek – where no one else can. We offer a truly wilderness experience, from multi-day, difficult alpine treks to easy, family-oriented hiking and camping. If you want to explore Europe on a solo walking or cycling tour, this guide to solo travel will help you with inspiring advice … There are over 450+ tours to choose. It’s hard to pick the top ten.
The emphasis is on moderate activity with some challenging components. Hikers should be ready for off-trail hiking, significant elevation gain and wilderness camping. They also need to be able to carry a pack up to 45 pounds depending on their personal gear. These are our top European cycling and walking tours. Read our explanation. This is our guide for first-timers to cycling in France. Meet local shepherds in Romania, explore remote Greek villages, and enjoy more active holiday options than most people know. What was it like to take a 2020 European cycling or walking tour?
Unfortunately, he missed a great opportunity for a self-guided walking or … Take a bike or walking tour along the Camino. Hike Camino de Santiago routes through Spain, Portugal and France on a self-guided tour or guided tour. UTracks offers more than 450 walking, biking, and boat-based tours in 40 European countries. Discover the destinations where you can explore Europe with UTracks.
- Finally, Wildland offers day hikes that allow you to spend as little time as possible in one of America’s most beautiful national parks.
- Discover the active travel benefits that hiking Monte Rosa, the second highest mountain in the…
- We start with a breathtaking helicopter flight from Te Anau Township over the hidden lakes to Luxmore Hut.
- This moderate alpine lake hike climbs rapidly out of the Peru Creek valley, and quickly gains a high basin covered in beaver ponds.
- Grand Canyon hiking tours take you through a rugged landscape that is rich in geological and historical wonders.