Find six waterfalls in Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, with short, guided hikes “off the beaten path” with the Pisgah Field School, and end with a wine tasting. She was knowledgeable of the plants found along the trail and gave us useful information about how they can be used. She also made sure that we moved at a comfortable pace, which was very reassuring for my mom, and gave us lots of fun facts and stories about the area we were exploring.
They will take you along the Appalachian Trail, the Great Smoky Mountains Waterfalls, and anywhere else you wish to go. They have private trips for your group alone plus public tours that give you a chance to meet new friends. When you want to see the beauty of Asheville up close, there is perhaps no better way to do it than take a hiking tour. You can trek to the most beautiful viewpoints while being accompanied by a knowledgeable guide. This will allow you to learn a lot about the area. There are many tour companies that offer a different experience. It is worth researching which ones offer the best experience, before you make your booking.
You will travel along the trails for approximately four hours if you choose to do a half-day tour. You can expect to travel anywhere from one to five miles on easy to moderate trails. The full-day tours cover approximately eight hours and cover five to ten miles. Whether you go for the full or half-day hiking experience, you will have several stops along the way to enjoy the views, eat snacks, and sip on the water they provide. HBK Asheville offers several different hiking tours, each carefully designed to maximize your time in the mountains.
We are glad you enjoyed the waterfall experience. We also thank you for recommending the tour. Love the ” purple mountain majesty” reference. With a little luck, our paths will again cross. He is very knowledgeable about the city and the different spots he took us. Keith, is very friendly and easy guy to talk to.
- You can either travel along the Appalachian Trail, or the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- If you decide to go on a half-day tour, you will spend about four hours traveling along the trails.
- Spend some time in nature and take a break to relax, breathe deeply, and enjoy the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
- With a little luck, our paths will again cross.
That’s right…Asheville’s mild winters are perfect for hiking. You will get half the number of people on the trails, better winter views, and fresh mountain air for half the price. Join us for a Hidden History Tour or City Walking Tour in Asheville, North Carolina. Explore the unique city of Asheville and discover its rich history, specialty shops, and world class restaurants. Take a guided hike in the mountains with us.
- His stories brought the mountains and their inhabitants to life.
- Mount Mitchell provides travelers
- We sampled honey and gin and got an in-depth history of the city.
- Thank you for taking part in the waterfall tour. It was a great experience.
Five important entrances to Great Smoky Mountains National Park are within an hour and a half drive of Asheville. Our private waterfall tours are tailored to your skill level. Are you looking to make a huge profit without doing too much hiking? The best thing is that we can get you up close to amazing waterfalls, regardless of your physical abilities.
Everything was better than I could have ever expected. Booking was simple and Jenn, our guide, was amazing. She adapted the hike to our care of us, and was so friendly. This company and Jenn, our guide, are highly recommended. We will definitely do it again on future visits. Take time away in nature to breathe deep, relax, and immerse yourself in the beauty of our lovely Blue Ridge Mountains!
This is a more adventurous trip as you get to see amazing waterfalls up close and personal. Each trip is customized based on your hiking preferences, from easy to difficult hiking. There are so many options for hiking in Asheville, and they cater to all levels of experience.
It’s no surprise Pisgah National Forest is regarded as one of the greatest for outdoor activities in the country. It is located in both North and South Asheville. The closest entry point is less than ten minutes away from downtown Asheville. 57hours is committed providing safe outdoor adventures. We require all guides using our platform to have a COVID-19 safety plan and to make the details of that plan accessible to travelers. Most cases, groups will be smaller, guides will avoid overcrowded areas, and safety measures will be taken depending on the activity and location.
- Keith was a knowledgeable tour guide who made the hike and ride comfortable and provided water and snacks for all participants.
- The Swannanoa Rim hiking program offers eleven hikes, which will be held on the third Saturday of every month.
- Not all tour companies are made equal, however, so it pays to find out which ones offer the best experience before you book your spot.
- This small-group tour allows you to get to know your expert guide and learn more about the area.
- I also recommend snapping a screenshot of the directions before leaving town in case you lose cell service along the way.