These custom hiking tours offer three- and four-day itineraries. They include lodging at a historic lodge. These are highly sought accommodations that are often booked months or years in advance. Although it is expensive, the Grand Canyon Lodge experience is truly a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience. For those who want the most remote guided tour possible, we recommend the Tanner Trail Tour. It’s a serious day hike that descends 2-3 miles along an old mining trail that was once part of the Horse Thief Trail.
What it’s like to work at world-famous attractions, from Niagara Falls to the Tower of London – Daily Mail
What it’s like to work at world-famous attractions, from Niagara Falls to the Tower of London.
Posted: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 10:30:41 GMT [source]
By far our most popular hiking tour, this hike and sightseeing tour offers guests varying views of the Canyon, from the inside out. This tour is for guests who are interested in experiencing the best of both worlds. enjoy an excellent tour of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, but also spend some time below the Rim.
- Our experts are guaranteed to take you on the most unforgettable adventure of your life!
- When booking a hiking tour with Wildland Trekking, you’re guaranteed a small group of 5-12 hikers, exceptional certified guides, top of the line gear, and fresh, delicious meals.
- We are licensed concessionaire for the National Park Service.
- Feel free to ask your guide questions on geology, history and flora as you enjoy this beautiful scenic hike.
You can hike deep into the Grand Canyon carrying everything you need in your backpack. All Grand Canyon backpacking tours include almost all of your gear, meals, local transportation, and a professional backpacking guide. To guide wildland guides in their decision making, they are given a prime directive. All trips carry satellite phones, company-issued first aid kits and comprehensive field and medical protocols.
We also have a 24-hour emergency line that guests, guides and family members can call any time to connect with a manager. This is the Grand Canyon’s most popular hike, so you can imagine the views are something to shout about.
You can choose to hike the entire Grand Canyon or split the day between sightseeing and hiking. When you walk down the canyon, you are walking through geologic time. See the rock layers, and learn about the canyon’s millions of years of geologic history. Enjoy picture-perfect viewpoints along the trail and capture every breathtaking moment. For ultimate comfort, consider one of our lodge-based Grand Canyon hiking tours. Hike and explore the park’s fantastic trails by day and enjoy showers, soft beds, and restaurant dining each evening.
The South Kaibab Trail is our most popular hike, and for good reason. It is a stunning hike down an exposed ridge with phenomenal views in all directions. Grandview and Tanner Trails offer guests more adventurous hikes on more rugged trails. They’re great for guests who want to be challenged and alone.
- After you have worked up an appetite, you will be served a delicious picnic lunch on the trail.
- They will help you choose your trail, coordinate locations and start times, and make sure you have all the accommodations that you need to make your Grand Canyon hike a memorable one.
- The combined retail value of all gear on backpacking trips is approximately $1000.
- Their 3-Hour Hermit’s Rest Hike & Jeep Grand Canyon Tour offers a 1-mile round-trip hike down the Hermit Trail to see ancient marine fossils, plus stops at viewpoints like the Yavapai Geology Museum.
Their 3-Hour Hermit’s Rest Hike & Jeep Grand Canyon Tour offers a 1-mile round-trip hike down the Hermit Trail to see ancient marine fossils, plus stops at viewpoints like the Yavapai Geology Museum. Pink is also a good choice for sunsets version of this tour — and a killer sunset at the Grand Canyon will make an already awesome trip even better. Over the summer (June — August), the Grand Canyon Conservancy Field Institute offers another day hike called the North Rim Explorer. This hiking tour follows the North Kaibab Trail at the secluded North Rim, where you’ll enjoy cooler weather and significantly fewer crowds.